Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Note to a friend

I wouldn't wish fibromyalgia on my worst enemy. What the Dr.'s will do is test u for every disease out there & when they don't find anything wrong, THEN they will test u for fibromyalgia. Here is what my symptoms are. It started when I injured my back in 2000. I never healed from it. I used to pop out of bed, now I can't get out of bed until live taken my morning pills & laid on my infrared heating pad for 30 min. & do my bed Yoga for 20 min. My body feels like I have the flu all the time everyday (going on 12 years now). One time I had the flu and didn't know it until my hubby said I was hot. I took my temp. 102 deg & had to go to Emergancy cuz it was after hrs. Now that I have sciatic on my right side, I ache from my toes to my pinky finger with no relief unless I'm sleeping or highly medicated. It feels like growing pains when I was a kid. A deep in the bone burning sensation, it's been 4 years now & my left side has compensated for so long now it's got a burning deep inside sensation. Everything that hurts from normal activity. I vacuumed my bedroom & Great room with a Kirby G5 auto drive & it put me in bed for the rest of the day with pounding pings that made me crawl in a fetal position. It wasn't always this way, it started off as flu like symptoms; fatigue, headache, body aches...then the sciatica came on like a bat to my body ( 20 yrs in the beauty business & bending over ppl waxing ) forced me into early retirement. I was bed ridden for 3 months, that's when I found Poshmark. About May of 2012, I tried to do eBay and almost sold a $250 Coach handbag for $10 bucks! Thankfully I was able to go in as my husband and buy it for $11. The meds for fibromyalgia are horrible! The side effects are memory loss, constipation, weigh gain, on & on & on. It's only by the grace of God I'm going to Poshfest. I started the blog so I could have a place to express my true pain without complaining on FB & Poshmark. I mention it in my meet the seller only to let ppl know that it's a real autoimmune disease. Women from around the USA have fibromyalgia PLUS other illnesses. It helps to know I'm not alone & gives me more of a reason to find a cure. The Dr.'s that actually believe it's a real diagnosis are saying there's no cure, that a person will only receive 50% relief EVER. It's like a death sentence without the peace of death. At least the other illnesses have that or can go into remission. Not to down play them, but only to say fibromyalgia NEVER gets a break of relief. I will find a cure! I feel like it's part of my destiny. The Blog is a starting place. I'm hoping that while I'm at Poshfest no one will be able to tell how much pain I'm in. I've learned different techniques of being social w/ a smile on my face with out being to fake. I'm constantly saying in my head "I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me" He really is my true healer, I'm learning that He didn't give this illness to me. Yes He has allowed it...for the big picture. I'm learning how to NOT burn the candles at both ends. How to NOT feel sorry for myself, but to forgive myself. How NOT to make "what I do, become who I am". That patience truly is a virtu, I now have the capacity to tolerate delay, & suffer without getting angry or upset. If u don't have insurance, & u think u might have fibromyalgia....take a hard look at your life. Are u eating to much whites; flower, sugar, milk, any food that is high in fat? Are u getting quality sleep? Do u burn the candle at both ends? Is your life balanced? Do u hold anger? Can u forgive? Do u exercise? Do u drink 1/2 your body weight in oz of water? ( ie. if u weighed 100lbs u would drink 50oz a day). Are you stressed? Over worked? Had any accidents? Memory loss? If u answer these Q's truthfully u will be able to make corrections & have a better life. I hope this helps u my friend. I may be only I my 40's but I have an old sole & learn quickly from my mistakes. Plus, I look at my family of 3 aunts & my mom to make sure I don't make there mistakes. Will I still make mistakes? Yup, but I wouldn't be where I am today without learning everyday. I know who I am. I know how to make corrections. I know how to have balance (even though I miss that one ALL the time UGGH) I've learned how to love myself without being selfish. I accept myself & others right where they are...even if I'm frustrated by them. My new mantra is "love 2 live-live 2 love" even if I don't feel like it. ❌❌⭕️⭕️✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions regarding your skin, feel free to ask.